Cleaning the windows of a house is something that must be done at least twice a year . Depending on the size and number of windows, it can be a long or short task to undertake, but what is clear is that it will be much more effective if you do it with a minimum of organization.
Do you want to know the advice of The Home Academy to clean the windows properly? We tell you!
The first thing you have to take into account is the environment in which your house is located, since depending on this, the windows will have a type of dirt .
For example, in cities, the normal thing is that the windows have a more greasy dirt, due to the pollution, however, in the countryside the dirt will be mainly dust and pollen.
6 tips that will make your windows shine bright are as follows:
1. Find a suitable date. Clearly, window cleaning should be done at the right time. If you have planned the organization of your home, you will know in which month you will have to start these cleanings.
Also, look for a day in which you have time and you have confirmed that the weather forecast will be favorable , avoiding those days of risk of rain or wind.
2. Prepare everything you need. Think about how you are going to clean the windows to have everything on point. Most often, you will need a basin, sponge, cloths, water, soap, a special cloth to dry glass and a safe ladder.
3. Follow the window cleaning protocol. This consists of cleaning the window from the inside out to use the cleanest water on the inside of it. Also, clean the frame first and then move on to the windows.
4. Look at the amount of dirt accumulated on the windows and choose the basic cleaning products well . If the window is very dirty you will have to change the water more frequently and if it has a lot of greasy dirt it will be advisable to add a little cleaning vinegar to the soapy water.
The way to clean the window is to apply soapy water with a cloth and rinse well afterwards. Then dry with a special glass cloth to avoid marks.
5. Clean the windows in order. This is the way to work effectively and do not forget to clean some of the windows, especially if you have a large number of windows in the house.
6. Collect cleaning supplies properly . As with any type of cleaning, take care of collecting the tools and products you have used and store them in their proper place, clean and in good condition for the next use.