Keeping the home clean requires effort and perseverance, but with the right methods and products you can achieve it without generating too many headaches. All areas of the house must be clean for health and hygiene, especially the bathroom. For example, it is essential to know the best methods to clean the bathtub. Sometimes a lot of dirt can accumulate due to drops of water that remain on the surface or due to excess humidity, accumulated soap residues, etc.
To discover how to clean a very dirty bathtub and the most effective products to achieve it successfully, at OneHOWTO we recommend that you continue reading this article in which we explain 8 tricks.You may also be interested in: How to polish a bathtubIndex
How to clean a bathtub with baking soda
Whether you want to know how to remove scale from the bathtub or bathtub, or if you want to learn how to clean rust stains from the bathtub or other types of difficult-to-remove stains, turn to baking soda. This product will help you to remove stains of different origin or, at least, to attenuate them enough to finish removing them better with another stronger product. Apply it on the surface correctly by following these steps:
- Pour the baking soda down the tub, especially in rust-stained areas.
- Add vinegar to the surface.
- Wait half an hour for the baking soda and vinegar to penetrate the surface well and have the desired effect.
- Scrub the stained areas with a sponge or brush.
- Rinse the bathtub with water, while rubbing some part where you see some residue, and you will have achieved your goal.
Here we tell you more about How to clean with baking soda .
How to clean a very dirty bathtub with vinegar
Do you want to whiten your bathtub and do not know how to do it? At OneHOWTO we help you learn how to clean the bathtub so that it is white with vinegar . Follow these steps to get it:
- Mix the same amount of warm water and white vinegar. After mixing, pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle to finish mixing.
- Apply the mixture by spraying the bathtub over the dirtiest areas. Wait 15 minutes for the solution to take effect before continuing to clean.
- Using a sponge, brush or microfiber cloth, scrub the previously sprayed areas of the tub.
- Rinse the entire surface with clean water and, if you detect any stains that have not disappeared, repeat the process. If you want it to be whiter or there is still some residue, another option is to include a little bicarbonate in the vinegar.
In these other oneHOWTO posts we tell you more about How to clean with white vinegar and How to clean with bicarbonate and vinegar .
Use mild soap to clean the bathtub
Another possibility is to use neutral soap to clean the dirt from the bathtub , since it is one of the simplest products to apply that can be very effective. You just have to follow these steps:
- Mix warm water with mild soap in a container, so that there is more water than soap.
- Dip a sponge or brush into the mixture and scrub the surface.
- Focus on brushing the dirtiest areas of the bathtub, but also use the sponge or brush in all the corners.
- Rinse with plenty of water and this way you will be able to leave the bathtub shiny and completely clean. However, if there was deeply encrusted dirt and some remains have remained, try a stronger method.
How to clean a bathtub with salfumán
Another product to clean the bathtub that is very useful if applied correctly is salfumán . Follow these steps to get it:
- In a glass or plastic container, add a glass of water.
- Add two centimeters of salfumán.
- Stir the mixture and, to apply it on the surface, use a brush.
- Dampen the brush with the mixture and apply it to the stained area.
- Wait a few seconds for it to act.
- Finally, rinse the bathtub with water and the help of a brush to remove the remains and the salfumán.
The amount of salfumán must be controlled so that it does not damage the shine or color of the bathtub. Here you can learn more about How to clean with muriatic acid or salfumán .
How to clean a bathtub with detergent
Another product to clean a very dirty bathtub is the detergent you use for the washing machine. You must apply it by fulfilling this step by step:
- Take a spray bottle and combine water and detergent. We also recommend adding a few drops of bleach to enhance the cleaning and disinfecting effect.
- Spray the bathtub with the mixture, especially on the tiles, the corners and in the drain, since these are the areas where the most dirt accumulates.
- Rub the surface with the help of a sponge.
- Wait a few minutes and rinse the bathtub with plenty of water.
Clean the bathtub with hydrogen peroxide
We continue with the tips to clean the bathtub and we recommend that if you wonder how to clean a bathtub that is yellow, use hydrogen peroxide. To use hydrogen peroxide to clean the bathtub, follow these simple steps:
- Spray the hydrogen peroxide on the areas most affected by stains.
- Wait a while for it to act well on the surface: 30 minutes will be enough.
- After half an hour, rinse the bathtub with warm water to remove debris and keep it clean.
- If there are still marks, you can repeat the process, rub with a scouring pad or switch to using a stronger product.
Use citric acid
Using citric acid is another option for removing stains from a very dirty bathtub . Get it by following these steps:
- Pour one sachet of citric acid powder into a glass full of water.
- Stir the mixture well before applying it.
- Dampen a sponge in the mixture and rub it all over the dirty surface.
- For it to have the desired effect, you must wait at least 20 minutes after application.
- Rinse the bathtub with plenty of warm water to make it clean.
You can learn more about How to clean with citric acid by reading this other article.
Use salt to clean the dirt from the bathtub
Salt and vinegar are an effective remedy for removing scale from the bathtub . With the mixture of these two ingredients and their application in the dirtiest areas of the surface, you will appreciate a notable improvement as you use this method. So, use this remedy periodically to remove tartar, as well as to prevent it from accumulating too much. You should always follow the same procedure:
- You can use salt and water, with more salt than water, or to enhance the effect, you can use salt and vinegar, with more salt than vinegar.
- Apply the mixture by rubbing the surface with a brush or sponge and wait a few minutes for it to take effect.
- Rinse with clean water to remove all products and traces of dirt.
This method is not only effective for limescale , but also to remove limescale from the bathtub when it has not yet built up enough to form limescale , and to remove mold stains from the bathtub and prevent this type of dirt.