Keeping the rooms of the home clean is essential to coexist in a pleasant environment and without bad smells or other problems that can affect health. So that all areas of the house are well disinfected, special emphasis must be placed on cleaning and the best products you can use. The bathroom is one of those parts of the home that should always be clean, since it is the main point where you wash every day.
Within the cleaning of bathrooms, the cleaning of the tiles is very concerned because they can suffer different types of stains or accumulate dirt due to the continuous use that is given to the bathroom, especially with showers as a large amount of moisture and lime from the water is concentrated . To combat these problems and discover how to clean bathroom tiles with a wide variety of products, at UNCOMO we recommend that you continue reading this article in which we tell you what is best for cleaning tiles. You may also be interested in: How to remove soap from bathroom tiles Index.
One of the homemade tricks that you can use at any time to clean the bathroom tiles is that of cola, because it is really effective. To clean the bathroom wall tiles with cola, follow these steps:
- Soak a brush or cloth in the cola.
- Rub the entire area you want to clean well.
- Insist on the dirtiest parts and, if necessary, rinse the cloth or brush and re-soak it in cola to continue cleaning the tiles.
- Wait a few minutes after applying the cola so that it has more effect on the dirt.
- After a few minutes, take a clean cloth dampened in clean water to remove the remains of the drink. Rinse it and pass it as many times as necessary and you will see that the tiles will be immaculate.
Baking soda to clean bathroom tiles
The cleaning bathroom tiles can also be made with baking soda. Follow these steps if you want to know how to clean bathroom tiles with baking soda :
- Fill half a cup with baking soda and a quarter (or a little less) with water. If you want to remove difficult stains from the tiles, we recommend that instead of water, you put, in the container with the bicarbonate, a little liquid soap and hydrogen peroxide (1/4 cup).
- Stir the ingredients to mix well and pour the solution into a spray bottle or diffuser.
- Apply the mixture created on the tiles and joints of the bathroom with a sponge.
- Wait 15 minutes for the mixture to work well and remove stains as much as possible and whiten the surface.
- This mixture will also help you remove mold from the tiles. Use a brush to apply the mixture and insist a lot on these moldy areas, rinse everything with clean water and if necessary repeat the process. In case you clean moldy parts, we advise you to wear a mask to avoid inhaling it, as it is a health risk.
- Finally, rinse as many times as necessary with a cloth or sponge with clean water, until you see a result to your liking.
¿ How to clean the bathroom tiles if they are very dirty ? White vinegar is one of the best resources to clean bathroom tiles even if they are already very dirty, as it is a highly disinfectant liquid, considered as a cleaning product for many situations. To use white vinegar to clean bathroom tiles and joints , follow these steps:
- In a bucket, mix white vinegar in a large quantity with water (more vinegar than water), stirring to mix well.
- Dampen a cloth, sponge or brush with the solution created and rub it on the joints and tiles, especially in the dirtiest areas.
- Wet a clean cloth with water and remove any remaining vinegar and dirt so that the tiles are completely clean and shiny.
If you want to enhance its effect, a good option is to combine the white vinegar and the bicarbonate . How to clean bathroom tiles with vinegar and baking soda? You can add a higher amount of bicarbonate than vinegar, you will see that it has an effervescent effect, and increase the amount of one or another product as you see fit. Anyway, here you can learn more about How to clean with white vinegar and here about How to clean with baking soda and vinegar .
Bleach to clean bathroom tiles
Bleach is also an effective product to clean bathroom tiles, although you should use it with caution as it contains toxic components: put on gloves, glasses and a mask or open the window wide. Follow these steps to properly bleach sink tiles :
- Mix 250 ml of bleach with 500 ml of cold water in a bucket.
- The mixture will serve to eliminate and prevent the appearance of bacteria and fungi on the joints of the tiles.
- Dampen a sponge, cloth or cloth in the mixture and wipe it over the affected areas.
- Let it act for a few minutes while it dries. Wipe the tiles with a clean cloth to ensure maximum cleaning and that it remains dry. Remember to open the window to ventilate the bathroom and allow the tiles and their joints to dry well.
Like bleach, ammonia is an effective tile cleaning product . At OneHOWTO we recommend that you follow this procedure to use it safely:
- Use gloves to make the following mixture: add ammonia to a bucket and water to counteract the strong aroma and corrosive power of ammonia. Ventilate the bathroom by opening the door and window so you can breathe easier. It is also advisable to wear glasses and a mask.
- Dampen a sponge in the mixture and, after wringing it, remove the dirt from the tiles and joints by rubbing vigorously.
- Rub as many times as necessary until the surface is clean and the color is restored.
- Dry the tiles with a clean cloth.
A very simple method of cleaning bathroom tiles is by using steam. As it is easily produced, it can be used for this cleaning since it softens the dirt accumulated on the surface, allowing it to be removed easily. Learn how to steam clean bathroom tiles by following these tips:
- Take advantage of the moments after a shower, with the steam concentrated in the bathroom, to apply any of the products discussed above (except ammonia and bleach because it is convenient to ventilate a lot and the steam will go away quickly). With the help of a cloth, a sponge or a brush you can remove the dirt from the surface.
- Get a steam engine to clean and so you can clean every corner much more easily.
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Have you tried everything, but don’t know how to remove scale from bathroom tiles ? Sometimes the simplest methods work best. Try using the simple toothbrush and toothpaste trick by following these steps:
- Add toothpaste to the bristles of the brush.
- Rub with the brush on the tiles and their joints.
- Thanks to the bristles of the brush, you can reach the most difficult to access areas, such as corners and joints, and where there is more dirt.
- You will immediately see that the joints and tiles are recovering their original color.
How to clean bathroom tiles to make them shiny
In addition to cleaning bathroom tiles, you can make them shine by applying a series of products. How to clean bathroom tiles to make them shine? Aside from the aforementioned white vinegar itself, these are other products that will give your bathroom tiles a shine:
- Apple cider vinegar: mixing it with warm water in equal parts, apply it on the surface and, after waiting a few minutes, remove it with a cloth soaked in warm water.
- Glass cleaner: apply by spraying the tiles. Remove the liquid and dirt residues with a cloth after allowing the product to act for several minutes.
- Talcum powder: first clean the tiles with white vinegar, water and lemon juice to eliminate all the bacteria deposited on the surface. Then, apply talcum powder to a cotton cloth and wipe it on the tiles.