Cleaning the home is essential to maintain good hygiene in all rooms, thus maintaining a good state of furniture, walls and other elements of a house. In addition, the prevention of infections and health problems has many factors and this is one of them since, in this sense, eliminating viruses, bacteria and other pathogens from the rooms is vital. The importance of proper hygiene in all rooms of the home is high, but this value increases more if it fits in the kitchen. Handling food and the need to cook several times a day enhances the special relevance of its cleanliness.
Cleaning kitchen tiles with vinegar
Vinegar is a great product if you want to figure out how to clean greasey kitchen tiles . Both wine, white and apple vinegar are very effective in disinfecting and removing fat. By following these simple steps to clean kitchen tiles so they are shiny with vinegar, you can:
- In a container full of water add the vinegar (one third of the amount of water).
- Mix the vinegar with the water until it dissolves and you see a single liquid.
- Dampen a sponge or cloth with the previously prepared solution.
- Scrub the kitchen tiles.
- Go over the tiles with the sponge, but in this case moistened with clean water.
- Dry the entire washed surface and you can see that the tiles return to their original brilliance.
Soap and water
To know how to clean the joints of the kitchen tiles on a daily basis, we recommend that you do it with soap and water. It is the simplest method and with which you will avoid great efforts in the future since too much dirt will not accumulate. Follow these steps to clean your kitchen tiles with soap and water :
- Fill a bowl with hot water and add liquid soap, such as dish soap.
- After mixing, dip in a sponge and rub the tiles with the rough part of the sponge. If there is no excess dirt, you can use the soft part.
- Wipe the soap off the tiles with a damp cloth.
- Dry the surface with kitchen paper or another cloth.
Baking soda to clean tiles
Another way to clean kitchen tiles is with baking soda. By diluting this product with water, you will have an effective solution to remove accumulated grease and dirt. Learn how to clean kitchen tiles with baking soda with these steps:
- Prepare the baking soda with water and wet the sponge.
- Rub the tiles with the sponge and in a short time you will be able to remove the dirt.
- To make the task easier, choose to add a few drops of hydrogen peroxide to the water and baking soda mixture.
- Before rinsing the surface with water, let the products act for 10 minutes.
How to clean kitchen tiles with lemon
Lemon juice is also another alternative that answers the question about how to remove grease from kitchen tiles . Squeezing a fresh lemon will give you an effective liquid to keep the tiles very clean and disinfected.
- Rub the kitchen tiles with a cloth or sponge soaked in lemon juice.
- Let it act for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once they dry, you will have to wipe the surface with a cloth dampened with clean water to remove the remains and to make the tiles shiny.
Ammonia for cleaning kitchen tiles
To discover how to clean very dirty kitchen tiles , keep in mind that ammonia is an ideal tile cleaning product because it removes all accumulated dirt and grease, thus making a total disinfection. Follow these steps to clean your kitchen tiles with ammonia :
- Fill a bowl with hot water and add the ammonia.
- After making the mixture, open the kitchen windows and put on rubber or latex gloves to avoid discomfort or negative health consequences from the ammonia.
- Rub the tiles with a sponge or cloth soaked in the mixture.
- Rinse the tile joints with water and a cloth.
- Dry the surface with a new cloth.
A toothbrush and toothpaste also work well if you want to have some great tips on how to clean kitchen tiles to make them shiny . As it is a difficult area to clean, the toothbrush allows you to maneuver more comfortably and access the dirt from the tile joints easily. We tell you how to clean the tiles with toothpaste step by step :
- Apply the paste on the bristles of the brush, either one of teeth that you only use for cleaning the home or a specific one for cleaning different corners of the house.
- Brush the tiles reaching the areas of the joints that are most difficult to access and where a greater amount of dirt tends to accumulate.
- Let it finish working for about 5 minutes.
- Take a cloth dampened only with water and clean the surface of the tiles and their joints well. You will see that they are like new.
Steam to clean the tiles
The last method that at UNCOMO recommends you to learn how to clean kitchen tiles is steam, as it completely softens the remains of dirt from the surface and the joints of the tiles and facilitates their removal. Here we explain how to steam clean kitchen tiles step by step :
- You can take advantage of the moments in which you make any recipe that requires the boiling of the water so as not to open the window or put the hood on and, thus, the generated and accumulated steam adheres to the tiles.
- Take a cloth and remove the dirt from the tiles by rubbing the surface with the steam.
- Let them dry on their own by opening the window and turning on the extractor or hood, although you can also wipe with a dry cloth to finish polishing the surface.
- Another option is to use a specific machine that generates steam to clean surfaces.