If you want to clean your stove and microwave naturally, read on. You can make your oven and microwave shine with some simple means, which are also environmentally friendly.
Unlike other rooms in the house, cleaning the kitchen requires certain knowledge to handle the furniture and appliances properly. In that sense, cleaning your stove and microwave can be complicated, of course, unless you apply the strategies in this article.
Sauce or crumbs can all fall on your stove in hard-to-reach places when it used a lot. Something similar also happens in the microwave. These are devices that get dirty every day. It is beneficial to have cleaning recommendations like the ones we share with you below.
Clean your stove and microwave with these tips
Below we show you some useful tips to remove the dirt on these everyday objects. Best of all, you can do it naturally without using expensive chemical products.
Hot water is your first ally
If your stove has a top layer of grease to remove, there is nothing more effective than hot water.
- Heat a little water in a pan and pour over the dirty surface. You don’t have to use a lot because the goal is to loosen and soften the fat.
- After allowing the boiling water to soak in for a few minutes, clean the stove as you normally would. You can use a soft or steel sponge, depending on what your oven is made of.
Baking soda and lemon juice
These two natural ingredients can be excellent cleaning agents for cleaning your stove and microwave. For this tips, however, we focus on the stove.
- 30 to 40 grams of baking soda
- The juice of 2 or 3 lemons
Note: The amounts of these ingredients will vary depending on the number of fat present.
- Mix both ingredients. You will see that it forms a dough that is frothy at first.
- As soon as it no longer bubbles, apply it to the stove and let it soak in.
- Then use a sponge (preferably steel, if possible for the surface) and scrub away the dirt. Finally, remove the rest with a cloth and plenty of water.
Alcohol and cotton pad
Did you know that alcohol is another element that can help you when you want to clean your stove and microwave naturally?
- What you need to do is dip the cotton pad in alcohol and rub it over the entire dirty surface.
- Then, after waiting a few minutes, go back over the surface. Use an old toothbrush that you have dipped in alcohol.
- Finally, wipe the surface with a dry cloth to remove the rest of the grease.
Tips for cleaning the microwave
Use water and lemon
This trick is extremely simple but very useful.
The juice of 1 lemon slice
200 ml of water
One leaf of parsley or 4 g baking soda (optional)
- Put a slice of lemon in a glass of water or squeeze the juice. You can also add a parsley leaf or a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Then run the microwave on high power for a few minutes. The time depends on the power of the microwave. The idea is that the water vapor will stick to the walls. The glass must, therefore, fog up.
- Then open the door and remove the glass very carefully, so you don’t burn yourself. Then you only need to wipe the inside with a kitchen towel.
- The device should now be perfectly clean. The microwave also smells delicious!
Use baking soda
With baking soda, you can clean quickly and easily.
- You need to apply a spoonful of baking soda to a wet sponge. Then wipe the device with it.
- Finally, rinse it with plenty of water and dry the walls with a dry cloth.
- Don’t also forget to remove the plate and wheels. If they get dirty, they can start to stink. Wash them by hand like you would a plate.
Use vinegar to disinfect.
The third tip in this list refers to another natural element that you undoubtedly have at home: vinegar. This allows you to clean, disinfect, and deodorize your microwave quickly. However, it will not smell as good as lemon.
15 ml of white vinegar
300 ml of water
- Add the white vinegar to the water in a glass bowl and place it in the microwave.
- Then run the microwave on high power for three minutes.
- Then wipe it clean with a cloth when the inside has cooled. If you use baking soda and water on the cleaning cloth, you will see that it is even easier to remove the dirt.
As you can see, cleaning your stove and microwave doesn’t require any big secrets or expensive products. With just a little creativity and a few ingredients, you can complete it in just a few minutes.