Range hoods in the kitchen are very useful. But they are also a source of dirt, especially if they are not cleaned regularly. And, when they are dirty, they really are of no use.
Cleaning the filters in non-metallic cooker hoods
Non-aluminum cooker hood filters are the easiest to clean. In fact, the process is only done in four simple steps:
- Filters out : first of all, remove any filters that are dirty from the hood.
- Remove grease : once the filters have been removed, the next step to take is to apply a product to remove the grease in the area where the filters are placed and let it act for a few minutes or as long as specified in the instructions. of the grease remover that we apply.
- Rub : after the time of action of the grease remover has to be removed. The most common is not to scratch because the product will have removed all the fat. However, if there is an area where there is more accumulation, you still have to rub a little with the help of a scouring pad.
- Dry : once everything is free of fat, it only remains to rinse everything well so that no product remains and dry well so that there is no water that can fall when we are cooking and an accident occurs.
The whole process is finished with the placement of the filters. As you can see, it is simple, but it is even more so if you do it periodically and do not let dirt accumulate. In these cases, it will be enough to remove the filters and wash the area with soap and water.
How to clean the cooker hood filters in the dishwasher
The steps that have to be taken to clean the filters of the extractor hoods, whether they are made of aluminum or not, are similar to those that we have explained in the previous case. However, with aluminum hoods there are some peculiarities because in some you cannot use products to remove the grease because the surface is damaged , although it is also possible to find them specifically for these purposes in supermarkets.
The biggest problem with these hoods may be in the grids that cover the filters, which is where the grease accumulates the most because, in many cases, these grids are the filters themselves. And what to do then? The easiest way is to use the dishwasher . You just have to put them to wash and dry them very well before proceeding to place them. Quick and effective!
How to clean the filters of the aluminum hood – other ways
If you don’t have a dishwasher, you can also choose to clean the aluminum hood filters manually . This option is also very useful if there is a large accumulation of fat, especially in the holes or gaps. To do this, you just have to follow these steps:
- First, you will need a large pot that will fit the grates and can be submerged.
- In it, you will have to pour water and a little lemon. A mixture that has to be brought to a boil.
- When it is cooking, add half a cup of baking soda and the cleaning soap and place the racks inside.
- Everything has to be allowed to continue boiling for about five minutes.
- After time, turn off the fire and let it rest until the water is lukewarm. That will be the time to remove the grill and finish cleaning it with the help of a brush and powdered detergent.
- The process continues by boiling water in the pot again, but this time mixed with a little vinegar , and submerging the racks again.
- After an hour or so, they are removed and rinsed well with warm water.
- Then you have to dry them well and then you will only have to put them back.
From unCOMO we hope that these tips will be useful for you to know how to clean the hood filter , depending on the type of material you have. But always remember that everything is much easier and faster if the fat is not allowed to accumulate.