The utensils and appliances with which you cook are susceptible to staining or getting very dirty at any time, but the good condition of the appliances is essential to cook successfully. In this sense, microwaves are very present in the vast majority of homes, since the enormous number of functions that it performs makes it one of the most used electrical appliances in kitchens, both at a private level and in bars and restaurants. Due to this continuous use, traces of dirt and stains can accumulate inside that must be removed.
How to clean the inside of the microwave with vinegar
An easy way to clean a microwave quickly is with vinegar. It is a home remedy with which you will be able to remove dirt and disinfect the interior of the appliance in a short time. Follow these steps to clean the inside of the microwave with vinegar :
- Pour 125 milliliters of water and another 100 ml of vinegar into the same microwave-safe container.
- Add a little salt (a tablespoon will suffice).
- Cover the container on top with cling film.
- Take a toothpick or some cutlery and make several holes in the film (not too big).
- Put the container on full power in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- After this time, leave the door closed for another 10 minutes. The steam generated inside will have moistened the walls and soften the accumulated remains of dirt.
- Open the microwave door, remove the container from inside for easy cleaning, and wipe the entire interior surface with an absorbent cloth or kitchen paper. You won’t need to scrub as the stains will go away easily.
- Take a piece of kitchen paper and just dry the inside of the microwave to make it totally clean.
- Remember that after applying the vinegar and getting the steam, you will have to remove and clean the plate and wheels separately to facilitate their cleaning and that of the interior of the appliance itself.
- If you were wondering how to clean and disinfect the microwave , now you know a simple and natural way.
Another option is to put the mixture in a spray can and use it to spray the interior of the appliance, let it act for several minutes and then clean with a sponge or cloth. In this other article you can learn more about How to clean with vinegar and get the most out of this natural product for the hygiene of your home.
How to clean the inside of the microwave with baking soda
Baking soda is one of the products that you should always keep in mind when it comes to cleaning your home. For example, it is used to clean the inside and outside of the microwave and other electrical appliances. Follow these steps to learn how to clean the microwave oven with baking soda inside and remove stains and germs:
- Dampen a sponge and sprinkle the baking soda on top.
- Remove the plate and wheels to better clean the interior of this appliance.
- Gently sponge the inside surface of the microwave.
- Rinse the entire surface with another sponge that only has water or with a cloth also only dampened in water.
- Using the same technique, now clean the plate and wheels, rinse them with water, dry them with a clean cloth and put them back in the microwave.
Another possibility is that in a bowl you prepare a paste with bicarbonate and little water , it should be like a paste and not the diluted baking soda, so it is better that you add water little by little while mixing. Then take a little of this with a sponge a cloth and rub it inside the appliance and rinse as we have explained. The difference is that making the paste first makes its application and effect easier, so it is a better option, especially if there are complicated stains.
In this other article we explain more about How to clean with baking soda , both the microwave and other objects in the house or even clothes. In addition, in this other article you will learn to combine two of the most powerful natural ingredients for cleaning: How to clean with bicarbonate and vinegar .
How to clean the microwave inside with lemon
Among the methods with which you will learn how to remove stains from a microwave , it is important to delve into the effectiveness of lemon. Here we explain how to clean the microwave inside with lemon, so prepare the juice and follow these steps if you want to see its effectiveness:
- Mix the juice of half a lemon with two glasses of water in a microwave-safe container.
- Put cling film on top to cover the container.
- Poke some holes with a toothpick or fork.
- Place the container inside and run the microwave for 5 minutes on full power.
- Let the steam created act for another 10 or 15 minutes to facilitate the subsequent cleaning of accumulated dirt.
- Open the appliance door and remove the bowl with the lemon, the plate and the wheels to clean the interior surface with ease.
- Wipe the walls with a cloth without rubbing. You will notice that dirt and stains are easily removed.
- Dry the inside of the microwave with kitchen paper.
- Wipe the plate and wheels with kitchen paper or a clean cloth using the steam with lemon, dry them and put them back inside.
How to clean the inside of a stainless steel microwave
Cleaning a very dirty microwave can seem more complicated than it really is if you don’t know the proper tricks. In this sense, at oneHOWTO we want to give you advice to help you achieve this, applicable to different types of microwaves, including those made of stainless steel. If you were wondering how to clean the inside of a stainless steel microwave , as well as the outside, take note:
- Remove the bulk of the dirt from the interior with absorbent paper.
- Squeeze half a lemon into a cup of water and place it in the microwave. We have chosen the lemon option, but vinegar in this case is another of the best options.
- Run it for three minutes at full power.
- Remove the cup or bowl that you used to put the lemon in, as well as the microwave plate and its wheels.
- Take a sponge and clean the interior walls.
- Now wipe with a soft microfiber cloth to dry the surface and remove any residue.
- Regarding the exterior of the appliance, moisten a soft microfiber cloth with water and a few drops of ammonia. Then rub it all over the outer surface.
- Add a very small amount of oil, preferably olive oil or one that is quite dense, on a new cloth and wipe it around the outside so that the steel in the microwave shines again.
- Wait for the oil to act for a few minutes and, finally, dry the microwave with kitchen paper.
How to clean a burnt out microwave
Food burns sometimes occur inside the microwave, giving off an unpleasant smell and causing yellowish or dark spots to appear on the surface. To find out how to remove the yellow color from a microwave and the most blackened parts, follow these steps:
- Dip a piece of absorbent kitchen paper in hot water and add 3 drops of detergent or dish soap .
- With this paper, clean the inside walls of the appliance.
- With another piece of paper soaked in water only, remove all the soap residue and burnt residue.
- Use a new piece of paper to dry the inside surface of the microwave. You can use cloths or sponges but you will have to clean them very well to avoid the accumulation of burned residues and their smell.
- You can also use acetone if the stains are very large or difficult to remove with the previous method, but before drying the interior walls, you must clean the surface with a paper and a few drops of detergent to completely remove the remains that may remain from use. of acetone.
- Make sure to remove any soap residue and that the interior is completely dry before using it again.