Stainless steel appliances have been all the rage for a few years now. The truth is that they are very beautiful and add a different touch to the style and design of the kitchen. However, the most negative side is its cleanliness when compared to traditional appliances that are not made of this material. Fortunately, everything evolves and it is now easier and more comfortable to clean these types of appliances. In one HOW TO, we tell you how to clean the outside of the stainless steel refrigerator , since refrigerators are one of the most common electrical appliances in this material, so that it does not have splashes, dust, or traces of grease and the traces that we usually leave unintentionally.
Use products to clean the outside of the stainless steel fridge
The conventional way to clean the outside of the stainless steel refrigerator is to use the products that are sold specifically and that are usually in powder or liquid, which is somewhat thick. In addition, they are sold with some wipes, which usually incorporate some special oil. Although these types of cleaning are specific products to clean the stainless steel refrigerator door , you have to use them well so as not to damage the refrigerator:
- You have to apply the powder or liquid product on a cloth that is a little damp.
- Wet the cloth a little again.
- Wipe it across the front of the fridge, rubbing lightly to remove all traces of grease, splashes, dust, or fingerprints.
- Use another damp cloth to rinse and remove the remains of the product.
- Rub the steel surface with the polishing wipes. It is important that, when passing them, you do it in the direction of the grain so that they do not produce more stains or scratches.
How to clean the stainless steel refrigerator with soap, vinegar and oil
Although in supermarkets and stores you can buy specific products for cleaning appliances that have this material on the outside, it is also possible to use lifelong remedies such as soap and water to clean the stainless steel refrigerator . With these products you can clean the surface well, remove stains and shine the outside of the fridge by following these steps:
- Neutral soap
- Olive oil
Steps to clean the fridge from the outside
- Moisten the cloth with the mild soap and water solution.
- Pass the cloth in the direction of the grain of the steel so that no scratches are made or marks of having passed the cloth are noticeable.
- Rinse with a clean, damp cloth to remove the soapy solution and allow the surface to dry slightly.
- Take another slightly moistened cloth and put a few drops of vinegar on it to remove any traces of fat that have not gone, if any. It is more advisable to use white vinegar, but you can use other types.
- Use another cloth with a few drops of olive oil to polish the surface of the refrigerator.
How to clean the outside of your stainless steel fridge with alcohol
Another option to clean the fridge of this delicate material is to use alcohol. Although this product can be scary because it is strong, the truth is that it is quite effective in removing dirt from these types of surfaces, although it will be necessary to polish it later. Follow these steps to clean a stainless steel refrigerator with alcohol :
- Take a microfiber cloth and put a few drops of alcohol.
- Wipe the cloth across the stainless steel surface of the fridge.
- Take another cloth or cloth with a little olive oil, or any other vegetable, to make it shine. This is especially important because alcohol makes the surface dull. Rub well until you see that the surface is even.
- Pass another clean cloth to dry and remove any dirt and oil that may remain.
It is recommended that you use burning alcohol to clean instead of the usual pharmacy alcohol, as it will give better results.
How to remove stains from a stainless steel fridge with oils
This method is very effective if you just need to clean fingerprints from the stainless steel refrigerator , a good option is to use oils. The best are the extra virgin olive oils , as well as the oils that are used for the care of the baby’s skin because they are soft and do not contain any abrasive component. The process is fast and very simple:
- Get a clean cloth.
- Put a few drops of the oil of your choice.
- Gently rub the surface of the outside of your stainless steel fridge.
- Run another clean cloth to dry and remove all traces of dirt and oil.
With these simple steps, your refrigerator will already be free of marks and being a natural product, if you use it as we have indicated, you can use it as many times in a row as you need without damaging the surface of the stainless steel refrigerator.
Use cleaning wipes for the stainless steel fridge
Surely, you have heard that there are people who clean this appliance with cleaning wipes. It is a product that is also effective because they are cleaning wipes with oil to give shine . However, they are only useful for removing finger marks and hiding surface scratches.
Its application is the easiest. You just have to take the wipe and pass it over its entire surface. You don’t need to rinse afterwards or take any further steps Of course, you should rub the entire surface and not just the area of the footprints because, otherwise, one part will be brighter than another.
With these tips on how to clean the outside of your stainless steel fridge, we hope we have helped you to remove dirt more easily. From un COMO, we recommend that you consult with experts how these appliances should be cleaned and read and follow the instructions of the products you use to achieve a good result.