For cleaning the home, white vinegar can be one of the best allies, because although it is true that there are materials sensitive to its composition, this common ingredient in the kitchen has disinfectant properties that make it a perfect option for cleaning the home naturally.
Therefore, in the following oneHOWTO article we explain how to clean different materials, objects and garments with white vinegar . In addition, we provide you with a guide so you can save time and we inform you of what you should never clean with vinegar. Let’s go there!You may also be interested in: How to clean with vinegarIndex
How to clean a coffee pot with vinegar
First of all, it should be clarified that there are coffee makers that cannot be cleaned with vinegar (especially the most modern ones). However, longtime Italian coffee makers can find vinegar the ideal disinfectant to get rid of these impurities and scale. Follow these steps:
- Fill half the tank of the coffee maker with water and the other with vinegar.
- Heat the coffee pot for 5 minutes on high heat.
- Remove the coffee pot from the heat and empty the coffee pot reservoir.
- Let it cool for an hour, then rinse it off with plenty of water.
How to clean the oven with white vinegar
Cleaning the house with vinegar is a luxury, as it allows us to leave our home well disinfected with a product that is always present in our kitchens. In this case, we explain how to clean the oven with white vinegar:
- Heat a small pot of water and add a glass of vinegar.
- Mix the liquids and keep the heat on medium until it starts to boil.
- Put the pot in the oven, uncovered.
- Set the oven at 180 ° for 30 minutes. Then take the pot out of the oven. Thanks to the gases from the vinegar, the fat adhering to the oven walls will be easier to remove.
- Wet a sponge with dish soap and rub the oven gently.
- With a dry cloth, go over and remove the traces of soap and accumulated grease.
Clean tools with vinegar and salt
Another thing that you can clean at home with vinegar is rusty tools, since the composition of this ingredient will allow you to leave them shiny and grease-free. If you have dirty wrenches, screwdrivers, or pliers, you should learn to clean them with vinegar and salt .
You just have to pour vinegar over the tool (or pour the tool into a container with vinegar) and sprinkle a pinch of salt on the wet surface. Scrub the tool with an abrasive sponge or metal brush and wash thoroughly before drying the material.
How to clean pet waste with white vinegar
If you have pets at home, it is possible that occasionally you have not been able to avoid those small accidents. Among the uses of white vinegar for cleaning is to minimize the odor and stains produced by the feces and urine of domestic pets.
- You just have to mix a glass of water with one of vinegar and pour the liquid where your pet has done the mischief.
- Let the mixture rest on the stool for 20 minutes and remove the liquid with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Clean the area with soap and water and you will see any trace of the stain and odor disappear.
Cleaning carpets with vinegar and baking soda
The bicarbonate vinegar is great to end very unpleasant odors and difficult stains as bleaching and disinfecting properties of these products are responsible for cleaning stains many surfaces. If you want to wonder how to clean a carpet with vinegar , follow these steps:
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with a glass of vinegar and another glass of water.
- We recommend that you remove the dust accumulated on the carpet before applying the mixture. For this you can use the vacuum cleaner of a lifetime.
- Now yes, carefully apply the mixture on the stained area.
- Let the mixture rest for a few minutes and remove the remains with absorbent paper.
- If there is any trace of the baking soda, take a cloth soaked in water and wipe it across the rug to clean the fabric.
Vinegar for the crystals
If you want to clean the house with vinegar , you should know that the crystals can be perfect with the simple use of this ingredient.
- Add a tablespoon of vinegar to a glass of water.
- Put the mixture in a spray bottle if you want to clean window or door glass.
- After applying the mixture, dry with absorbent paper.
- If, on the other hand, you want to clean glasses or other glass objects, make the mixture and wet a cloth to clean the objects.
How to clean the toilet with white vinegar
Similarly, another of the uses of white vinegar for cleaning the home is to remove stains and disinfect the toilet. You just have to pour a cup of vinegar inside and wash the walls of it with your clean brush or with a new scouring pad. Let the vinegar rest for half an hour before flushing
If there are stubborn stains, apply vinegar directly to the walls and let it sit for an hour. Then, go over it with all-purpose soap and the brush before washing with plenty of water.
Cleaning tiles with vinegar
Continuing with the uses of white vinegar for cleaning the bathroom , it is the turn of the tiles. To remove all the mold and bacteria accumulated on your floor, follow these steps:
- Mix one part white vinegar for every three parts warm water.
- Soak an old brush or sponge in a cup of white vinegar and scrub each crevice directly.
- Make sure to wet each area well and allow the vinegar to dry.
- After an hour, finish the cleaning with a sponge, soap and water.
It is preferable that for this process you use a clean sponge to wash the dishes , as the rougher part will help you to remove dirt more easily.
How to clean plastic with white vinegar
Almost all plastics can be like new thanks to the disinfecting power of vinegar. This is especially beneficial if you want to clean children’s toys or other household items like garbage cans.
- Prepare a bucket or container with warm water and half a cup of white vinegar.
- Let the toys or utensils you want to clean soak for about 10 minutes.
- Make sure the water is not too hot, as some thin plastics could warp.
- After the soaking time, dry the object with absorbent paper.
Cleaning the pipes with vinegar and bicarbonate
Did you know that baking soda with vinegar is a great plunger ? If you want to uncover pipes, whether they are cement or PVC plastic, you will only have to mix half a liter of water, a cup of vinegar and a tablespoon of bicarbonate. Follow these steps:
- Put a pot with half a liter of water to heat. When it is about to boil, add a cup of white vinegar and mix well.
- Remove from heat and pour a tablespoon of baking soda into the clogged pipe.
- Then slowly pour in the hot water with vinegar and let it sit for an hour.
This home remedy with vinegar will help you to eliminate the slight obstructions caused by mold and accumulated residue. In addition, you will eradicate the bad odors characteristic of clogged pipes.
How to clean silver with white vinegar
If you have scratched and stained silver objects at home, with the help of white vinegar you can give them that shine so characteristic of the first months.
After an hour submerged, you can rinse with plenty of water and dry them. These items can also be cleaned with apple cider vinegar if you don’t have another. We offer you more detailed information in this article on How to clean silver with vinegar .
How to clean clothes with white vinegar
If you have white garments with stubborn stains that you haven’t been able to remove in the washing machine, vinegar can become your best ally.
- Fill a bucket with water and add a full cup of white vinegar.
- Let the garment soak for 1 hour. If the stain has not yet disappeared you can leave it on for a longer time, but it should never exceed 24 hours.
- Then wash the garment with soap and water as you always do.
You can also add half a cup of vinegar to the washing machine to improve the effectiveness of your detergent.
Cleaning wood with vinegar
Remember that wooden floors cannot be cleaned with vinegar , as it can cause unwanted stains or loss of color. However, this does not happen with wooden furniture, as the white vinegar in it works wonders.
- Mix one cup of vinegar with two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Clean the stains you want on your wooden furniture with a multipurpose sponge soaked in the solution.
- Always rub gently to make sure you don’t damage the wood.
Cleaning and disinfecting sponges with vinegar
Over time, sponges (both those we use to cleanse the body and those for makeup) get dirty and accumulate germs that water cannot eradicate. In these cases, vinegar is again the perfect answer.
- Prepare a pot of hot water.
- Add a full cup of vinegar to the water and mix a little.
- Next, dip the sponges in.
- After ten minutes, remove them from the pot and let them dry naturally in the sun.
You will not only get rid of stains and bacteria , but also bad odors.
White vinegar for lime
Is your screen full of lime and you don’t have a specific product on hand to wash it? Prepare the white vinegar, because this ingredient is also great for making your screens bright . The steps to follow are very easy:
- With a dry cloth, remove the most superficial dirt from the screen.
- Then, soak a cloth with white vinegar and rub it all over your screen.
- Let it dry for a few minutes and repeat the process to get rid of stubborn stains.
- When you’re done, wipe the screen with absorbent paper to dry it completely.
What cannot be cleaned with vinegar
We have already seen that cleaning the house with vinegar, as well as clothes and other objects is very useful and easy. However, there are a number of things that you should never clean with vinegar , as this could damage the materials with which these objects and appliances are made. Let’s see what cannot be cleaned with vinegar: