Banana is a delicious and nutrient-rich fruit … but it is also one of the most difficult to remove when it soils our clothes or other fabrics such as rugs or sofas. These types of stains are quite common especially when there are small children at home since the fruit can slide and fall either on the floor or on the infant’s clothing. The problem with bananas is that it is a food rich in starch which produces brown spots, especially when this fruit is especially ripe.
How to remove banana stains with cold water
This homemade trick is only for those clothes, rugs or sofas that are composed of cotton or linen that have just been soiled with this fruit. To do this, we will only have to have a rounded edge knife and a bucket full of cold water. When you have the utensils ready, you will only have to follow these steps to remove banana stains with cold water :
- Take the cotton or linen garment and scrape the fabric with the help of a rounded edge knife to remove the excess banana. However, it is important that you be very careful when scraping the fabric so that you do not end up damaging it.
- Once you have removed the banana as much as you can from the clothes, you will have to turn the garment so that it is inside on the outside and then put it in a bucket filled with cold water. Let it sit for a while until the stain is completely gone.
- If there are still traces of the stain, you will need to hand wash the garment using hot water and a mild laundry detergent.
How to remove tough banana stains from carpet
This home remedy will only be for those carpets that have just been soiled with pieces of this fruit. Dishwashers in concentrated soap are a product that, in addition to cleaning dishes and other cutlery, is also a good trick to remove banana stains due to its anti-grease effect.
To use dish soap to remove banana stains from the carpet, you will have to follow these steps:
- First, we will take a small spoon like those used to serve coffee and infusions and we will gently scratch the banana stains that are on the carpet.
- When you have partially removed the splashes, mix a little dishwasher with warm water in a glass and then, with the help of a cloth, apply the remedy by gently rubbing the stains. Let it work for a few minutes.
- Finally, use a sponge soaked in cold water and remove the remnants of the remedy.
How to remove banana stains with white vinegar
Another very effective home remedy for removing fruit stains from clothing is white vinegar . This food seasoning is rich in different acids which gives it excellent antiseptic properties that help descale even the most permanent stains that have remained on any garment.
To use white vinegar to remove banana stains, follow these steps:
- Fill half a glass with warm water and the other half with white vinegar, and then stir the ingredients so that they are well diluted.
- When you have it ready add the mixture in a spray and spray the stains until they are well soaked. Let the vinegar sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Finally, wash the clothes in the usual way, although the best thing would be with a little soap and warm water.
Salt to remove banana stains on clothes and upholstery
If you’re still wondering how to remove tough stains like banana leaves on fabric, try this last tip. The last cleaning trick to remove banana stains is to use a good amount of sea salt. This seasoning is effective against this type of splashing since, due to its texture and high salinity, it has powerful exfoliating properties that remove the scale from both garments and upholstery.
To use this home remedy you just have to follow these simple steps:
- Fill a bowl or other container that is just as large with warm water.
- Then put the stained garment in the hole filled with water and add a pound of sea salt on top of the clothing.
- Let the clothes sit in the mixture for 2 to 4 hours until you notice that the stains have almost completely disappeared.
- Finally wash the clothes with soap and warm water to finish removing the banana stains