Keeping your home clean is the best way to ward off bacteria and viruses that can damage surfaces, appliances, and even cause health problems. One of the most pronounced sources of dirt is found in the partitions due to the accumulation of water, lime and soap residues.
A superficial cleaning of the screen is not enough to remove lime and other accumulated debris. You can try, but if you do it infrequently it will cost you a lot and all the effort will be wasted. If you want to discover how to remove lime from the shower screen with really effective methods, the products you need to use and also how to avoid limescale on a shower screen, at OneHOWTO we recommend that you continue reading this article in which we tell you all about clean the shower glass to make it look like new.You may also be interested in: How to clean the shower screenIndex
We started to tell you how to clean the lime from the screen with a very common and effective product: lemon juice. It is a home remedy that will serve you at any time you need to remove the lime embedded in the screen , since you only need to have a lemon and a juicer, something quite common in any home. Keep in mind that lemon contains three great advantages: it degreases, disinfects and aromatizes, which will give the bathroom a fresh smell. To apply it correctly, follow these steps to remove the lime from the screen with lemon :
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Dip a scouring pad or sponge in the lemon juice and start cleaning the screen. If you think it is too concentrated for the type of material you are going to clean (or for the edges of the screen), you can reduce the power of the lemon by adding a little water.
- Insist rubbing the parts with more lime and soak the sponge or scourer in more juice.
- Rinse the screen with water so that no traces of the lemon juice remain. This way, you will avoid creating new dirt stains at the same time that you finish descaling the lime from the screen.
- Finally, dry the screen and you will have it shiny.
Baking soda is an ideal product to clean a very dirty bathroom screen . To use it correctly, at OneHOWTO we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Mix the baking soda with water until you create a somewhat liquid and homogeneous dough.
- With the help of a sponge, spread the baking soda throughout the screen, especially in the areas where the lime accumulates more.
- In those smaller areas or in the most expensive stains to remove, choose to use a toothbrush: rub them well with the baking soda paste to make them disappear.
- Once you have covered and rubbed all the lime stains on the screen with the bicarbonate mixture and little water, you will have to rinse the entire surface with plenty of water.
- Dry the surface with a glass cleaner for best results.
Apart from using it to clean the shower screen, this product can be used to clean the rest of the shower or bath and much more. Here we explain more details about How to clean with baking soda .
To remove lime from a methacrylate or glass partition, white vinegar is a great resource. You will easily find this product in your kitchen: be it white, wine or apple, vinegar will help you get rid of lime stains on the windows , but the most used to clean is white. Discover how to clean a lime-filled glass partition with white vinegar by following these steps:
- Reduce the white vinegar by adding water. Thus, you will subtract part of the powerful smell that it contains, but be careful with the balance: water can never beat vinegar because it counteracts its cleaning power. For a fresher, more pleasant scent, add lemon juice to the vinegar and water mixture.
- You can spread the mixture throughout the screen, especially in the areas most affected by lime, in two ways: applying it with a spray or with the help of a cloth or sponge.
- After spreading the mixture on the screen, wait a few minutes for it to take effect.
- To finish removing the lime from a glass or methacrylate partition with this method, rinse the surface with clean water to remove all residues and dry it with a glass cleaning eraser, so there will be no marks from the drops of water.
Here we explain more about How to clean with white vinegar and also How to clean with bicarbonate and vinegar .
How to avoid lime on the screen
After helping you discover the best ways to remove lime from the screen, at UNCOMO we also want to give you the following tips to prevent lime from accumulating on the screen :
- All partitions are easily soiled by water droplets from daily showers, regardless of whether they are made of plastic or glass. Dry them daily after each shower to keep them cleaner for longer.
- Use a glass eraser or a dry cloth to dry the drops that remain from the shower on the screen.
- Apply lemon juice frequently (every two or three days) to avoid the appearance of bacteria and lime. You just have to squeeze a lemon from the fridge and apply the juice as we have explained before.
- Ventilate the bathroom while cleaning the screen and after doing so to avoid the appearance of mold, since humidity is your great ally.
- Dry the silicone gaskets with a cloth to prevent more moisture from accumulating and, consequently, mold and other dirt. By keeping the bathroom free of moisture and the screen well dry, lime will not accumulate.