Who has not done makeup before dressing on occasion? If you have done it too, you will know that no matter how hard you try to keep your clothes out of contact with your face, it is very common for them to end up with foundation, blush or lipstick stains. It is also likely that after a night of partying you have forgotten to remove your makeup and in the morning you have found your pajamas stained … do any of these situations sound familiar to you?
Hydrogen peroxide for stains on clothes
If you want to know how to remove makeup stains on white clothes , hydrogen peroxide is one of the best remedies you’ll find. The step by step that you should follow to benefit from this great cleanser is the following:
- Dampen a washcloth or towel with water and dab over the stained area. It is important not to over-wet the cloth, as it could cause the stain to spread further and ruin your clothes.
- Once the area is moistened, add hydrogen peroxide by tapping it with another cloth.
- Then, with the help of a brush, rub the stain in circular motions.
- After this treatment, you can wash your clothes regularly and you will see how the makeup stains will have disappeared.
How to remove makeup stains with makeup remover
If you want to know how to remove makeup stains from a fabric quickly, makeup remover can be your best ally. It is one of the fastest, easiest and most useful options that exist to get rid of stains, especially if you have an emergency and are away from home.
- Wet a cotton ball with this liquid.
- Dab on the stain to remove it.
- It is essential not to rub it directly, as you could expand it.
- Once clean, you can use a hand dryer to remove excess moisture from the garment.
Baking soda for makeup stains
For many, there is no better natural cleaner and bleach than baking soda, an ideal compound to eliminate bad odors, to restore shine and softness to clothes and to fix colors in clothes. So that the baking soda can remove makeup stains from your clothes well, follow these steps:
- Make a dough by mixing the baking soda with water. Don’t add too much, since the dough has to be rather thick.
- Once it’s dissolved, apply the solution to the stain.
- Let it work for a few minutes.
- Then put the clothes in the washing machine on their usual cycle.
Applying the baking soda on the remains of makeup will prevent it from drying out and your garment from spoiling. Our advice? Always have the baking soda on hand ! Here we explain in more detail what are the Uses of baking soda at home .
How to remove makeup from clothes with soap
If you do not know how to remove makeup stains from delicate clothes , it is best to avoid the use of more aggressive products such as hydrogen peroxide and to bet on soap for a lifetime. This product is especially useful if you have stained your makeup clothes with an oily or very dense base, since dish soap is ideal to remove such remains.
- In these cases, it is essential to act very quickly to prevent the stain from embedding.
- Apply a few drops of greaseproof soap on the dirty area and let it work for 15 minutes.
- After this time, rub the stain with the help of a towel or cloth and making circular movements.
- To remove excess soap and water and absorb the stain, use kitchen paper. Finally, and to obtain a perfect result, wash the garment in the washing machine with its usual cycle.
How to remove makeup stains with shaving foam
A simple, instant and very useful trick is to use shaving soap to eliminate makeup stains on clothes. This is because shaving foam is a very versatile product that can be used for different tasks around the house: cleaning windows, removing excess oil, removing rust stains, etc.
- Apply the foam on the stain and let it work for approximately 15 minutes.
- After this time has elapsed, wash the garment in the washing machine with its usual cycle.
- The foam will soften the stain and help it come out more easily during washing without leaving a trace.
Vinegar for stained clothes
White vinegar is the perfect ally for cleaning the home , as it has disinfectant and bleaching properties that are ideal for removing stains from various surfaces and fabrics and removing any bad odor. In addition, white vinegar is perfect to restore the original color to your clothes, since its acidic properties bleach fabrics and can completely eliminate a stain. Follow these steps:
- Fill a basin with warm water and add a cup of vinegar.
- Immerse the stained garment in this situation and let the product act for at least 2 hours. If you have time, we recommend leaving the garment to soak overnight.
- After this time, you can remove the garment from the basin and wash it as you usually do.
Remove stains from clothes with talcum powder
Talcum powder is a fairly unknown but very useful remedy when it comes to removing makeup stains from clothes quickly . Talcum powder will allow you to prevent the stain from embedding in the fabric, so you should act as soon as you see the remains of makeup on your clothes:
- Take a toothbrush that you no longer use and cover it with talcum powder.
- Add a few talcum powder directly on the stain as well.
- Make circular movements with the toothbrush on the garment until you see that the stain becomes noticeably lighter.
- When you’re done, put the garment in the washing machine.
When you take your clothes out of the washing machine, you will see the results immediately.