The home requires a whole series of care to stay in good condition, thus being able to coexist in the best possible environment. The walls are one of the surfaces that need your attention so that the state of the home is good, since on many occasions they accumulate dirt for different reasons or even suffer from the appearance of black mold, which is dangerous for our health.
Mold usually appears on the walls due to excess moisture in them. If you want to know how to remove mold from the walls with home remedies , know the best products and methods to achieve it and discover how to avoid its appearance, at OneHOWTO we recommend that you continue reading this article and that you always use a mask for the moment you go. clean up mold to avoid health problems.You may also be interested in: How to remove moisture stains on the wallIndex
How to remove mold from walls with hydrogen peroxide
The hydrogen peroxide will help you remove mold from the walls if you use it correctly. You do not know how? In oneHOWTO we explain it to you through the following steps to remove mold from the walls with hydrogen peroxide or hydrogen peroxide:
- Use 3% hydrogen peroxide . You must spray it on the affected areas of the walls by mold.
- Wait an estimated 10 minutes for the hydrogen peroxide to act on the mold.
- Dampen a cloth in water and, with its help, clean the moldy areas to remove all the remains. Thus, you will eliminate the spores that the mold contains and prevent it from reproducing more.
You can use hydrogen peroxide several times to completely remove mold from the walls. However, if you see that the area is too wet, let it dry completely and another day you can use this product again until there are no stains.
How to remove mold from walls with vinegar
Another solution with which you will make mold disappear from the walls of the home is with apple or white vinegar. Get it by following these steps to use vinegar to remove mold on the wall :
- In a bottle, add vinegar and spray it directly on the moldy areas of the walls.
- For very large areas, dilute the vinegar with water to counteract its powerful aroma. In any case, applying only vinegar is the most effective option.
- Let the vinegar work for several hours.
- Scrub the treated areas with a brush to completely remove the mold.
- You can also add a little essential oil of a flavor that you like to the vinegar to alleviate its strong smell.
Here we tell you more about How to clean with vinegar .
Tea tree for damp and mold on the wall
Tea tree oil is an effective wall mold removal remedy because it has very powerful antifungal properties . You just have to follow these steps to apply it correctly:
- Mix two cups of water with one tablespoon of tea tree oil (use two tablespoons maximum).
- Apply it to the affected areas and let it act and dry itself.
- In the following days, you will see that this product will have completely eliminated the black mold on the wall or, at least, part of it, depending on how much there is. So if there is still, reapply more of this diluted oil.
If the smell of this oil is very powerful for you, you can put on a mask by diluting it in the water and also during the entire wall cleaning process, as remember that it is necessary to prevent you from breathing in mold.
How to remove mold from the wall with bleach
Bleach is an effective remedy to get rid of mold present on the wall, but you must be careful when using it so as not to damage your skin or breathe it in. For this reason, at OneHOWTO we help you discover how to use bleach to safely remove mold from the walls through the following procedure:
- In a bucket, make a mixture of water and bleach: for every three cups of water, add one of bleach.
- Dampen a sturdy brush with the created mixture of water and bleach.
- Scrub moldy walls with this brush. Do it with intensity and until the spots disappear completely.
In this other post we tell you how to clean with bleach .
How to remove mold from walls with baking soda
A natural product that will help you get rid of mold on your walls is baking soda. To use baking soda to remove mold from the wall properly, you must follow these steps:
- Mix the baking soda with a little water in a bowl.
- With the resulting solution, you should spray it on the moldy areas of the walls of your home. Another option is to dip a brush in this mixture and rub the wall with it.
- Wait several minutes for the mixture to work on the mold.
- With a cloth dipped in a little water, rinse the walls to remove all dirt.
Here we tell you more about How to clean with baking soda .
Citrus seed extract to remove mold from walls
The citrus seed extract also works to remove mold from the walls and has as its main advantage, compared to other remedies, its soft and fresh aroma. Apply it properly using the following procedure:
- Mix two cups of water with 20 drops of the extract.
- Add the mixture to a spray.
- Spray the walls with the spray solution.
- Let the mixture work without cleaning or rinsing the surface.
How to prevent mold from growing on the walls
After discovering how to remove mold from walls with different methods and products, at OneHOWTO we help you prevent it with the following tips to prevent mold from growing on the wall :
- Control humidity. Mold spores reproduce rapidly in high humidity conditions, so you should reduce them throughout your home.
- Try to ventilate in the best possible way the areas of the house that do not have a specific air extraction or ventilation system, such as the bathroom or a basement. Allow air to flow by opening doors and windows.
- Use air conditioners and dehumidifiers in rooms that are most difficult to ventilate. Opt for the first option in summer and the second in winter.
- Use anti-mold paints to care for the walls.
- Clean the wettest parts of the home frequently.
- Keep clothes and shoes dry.
Now that you know how to remove mold stains on the wall , we also consider it important to explain how to remove moisture from the wall and fix it and How to remove moisture stains on the wall .