Metal is one of the most used materials for the manufacture of tools and basic parts in sectors such as the automotive and DIY. It is a very present compound and with which we usually work in society and at home we have many objects that have metal. Despite its resistance, it is exposed to different ways of deteriorating, among which is that of rusting for different reasons, such as the passage of time itself. Although the ideal is to keep all these metal pieces in good condition, sometimes it is inevitable that they will rust. If this has happened to you, you don’t have to throw them away because the situation is reversible. You can solve the deterioration of the material and continue to have the tools or metal objects that have suffered this problem.
How to remove rust with vinegar from metal
Apple cider vinegar is a product that, used correctly, removes rust from metal. Its acid component acts and kills the mold accumulated on metal tools. In this sense, white vinegar also works since it contains the necessary acidity to remove the oxidized part. Follow this simple step by step to discover how to remove rust from metal with vinegar :
- Pour the apple or white cider vinegar into a container.
- Cover the metal piece with the poured vinegar.
- Leave it submerged overnight.
- The next morning, scrub the rusted parts of the piece with a sponge or brush.
- If you continue to see embedded rust, soak the part again, but in this case for two consecutive nights.
- Rub again with a sponge to check that the rust is removed.
How to remove rust from metal with baking soda
Baking soda is an effective natural product for removing rust from metal. In addition to the natural factor, the health safety associated with its use and acquisition at an economical price counts in its favor. To discover how to remove rust with baking soda , at OneHOWTO we recommend that you follow this step by step:
- Moisten the baking soda with water.
- Apply the baking soda to any metal parts that are rusted.
- With the help of a brush or sponge, rub the piece with the necessary care so as not to damage it.
- Rinse the piece with water to get rid of the baking soda and rust residue.
How to remove rust from metal fast with aluminum foil
Aluminum foil is a resource that you should consider if you want to know how to remove rust from a metal at home . Having this material, you can get it practically instantly. To learn in detail how to remove corrosion from metal with aluminum foil , follow these simple steps:
- Cut the aluminum foil into small pieces (approximately 3 cm 2 ).
- Dip the pieces in water.
- Take the pieces of aluminum foil out of the water and rub them on the metal pieces that are rusty.
- Rotate the pieces as you deem necessary.
You will be able to detect from the first moment how the rust is disappearing, thus recovering the brilliance of the metal.
How to remove rust from metal quickly with lemon
Among the methods with which you can know how to remove rust from metal quickly and easily , it is important that you know the effect of lemon juice. The acidity it contains makes it an excellent product for this purpose, in addition to other purposes, such as removing stains from clothing. At OneHOWTO we recommend this short step by step to know how to remove rust from metal with lemon :
- Place the rusted piece in a large container.
- Pour salt on the rusted piece of metal.
- Pour the lemon juice over the piece.
- Rub the tool with a sponge until the rust is completely gone. You can add more lemon and more salt as you see that it may be necessary to rub more or not.
How to remove rust from metal with Coca Cola
Fizzy drinks, especially cola drinks, are very helpful in removing rust from metal. Together with sandpaper, you will be able to remove the entire rusty piece of any piece. These are the steps on how to remove rust from metal with Coca Cola:
- Wet the metal piece with the cola.
- Let it act for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Rub the piece with the sandpaper for as long as you see fit, until all the rust has come off. In this way, you will be able to remove the rust and recover the original state of the piece.
Another possibility is that you leave the piece submerged in this soda for several minutes or even hours, depending on the size of the rusted piece and the amount of rust it has. Here you can watch a video to see how to remove rust from metal with Coca Cola .https://www.youtube.com/embed/mDFRXhEvOFw?enablejsapi=1&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fhogar.uncomo.com&widgetid=1
How to remove rust from metal with electricity
Electricity is the last of the methods we recommend at UNCOMO and is also important when it comes to knowing how to remove rust from metal quickly . Given the complexity of the process, it is especially important that you comply with the following steps and always do it safely and, above all, do not let the children do it.
- To make the electrolyte solution, fill a plastic container with hot water and add a tablespoon of bicarbonate for every 4 liters of water.
- Mix the baking soda in the water until it dissolves.
- Use a piece of steel as a sacrificial anode, that is, so that the oxide of the metal piece adheres to the steel one.
- Connect the non-rusted part of the metal piece to the negative terminal of the charger on a battery such as a car battery.
- Soak the rusted part in the baking soda and water solution without getting the battery cable wet.
- Connect the piece of steel to the positive terminal of the battery’s built-in charger.
- Disconnect and turn on the battery charger to start the process. At this point, the electrolysis will begin to act on the oxide for a period of 12 to 20 hours.
- After all this time, you can disconnect the battery charger and the terminals of each object. Check that the rust from the metal part has moved onto the steel part.
- Wash the metal piece with a sponge and a toothbrush to remove any dirt that remains on its surface.