Has limescale and scale accumulated in your shower that you don’t know how to remove? It seems ironic that one of the spaces in the home where we take care of our hygiene the most is also one of the most easily dirty, however, with the right products, getting rid of these traces of dirt is much easier than you think.
If you don’t want to resort to chemicals that contain substances that are harmful to the enamel in the shower or even to your health, don’t miss the following oneHOWTO article, as we explain how to remove tartar from the shower using completely natural products. Let’s do it!You may also be interested in: How to remove tartar from the bathroom
Wondering how to clean a shower with easy-to-find products? In this case, you must take into account the incredible antiseptic and disinfecting properties of vinegar, an ingredient that we all have in our kitchens. This natural degreaser and polish is ideal for stationary showers that you can’t unhook from the wall.
We explain how to remove tartar from the shower with white vinegar :
- To remove scale and grime from your shower head, place a plastic bag on the showerhead, then fill it with white vinegar. Then close it with a rubber band.
- The longer the vinegar acts in the shower, the more effective the result will be, so we recommend leaving it to rest overnight, even if the minimum working time is about 3 hours.
- After the recommended time, remove the bag from the shower and, with the help of a brush, scrub the entire surface of the artichoke. Remember to run the brush through all parts of the head, including the holes.
- Then turn on the tap so that the water can remove and expel the rest of the scale.
- Help yourself with a dry cloth to remove any other residue.
If you are wondering how to remove tartar from the bathroom walls, as well as fungus and any other dirt, do not miss this article on How to do a thorough bathroom cleaning .
Baking soda and white vinegar
One of the most effective remedies in the area of cleansing is, without a doubt, baking soda. This great natural bleach and disinfectant is perfect for removing dirt from your shower, so mixed with white vinegar, whose properties we have already mentioned before, it will form a winning combination.
To use this powerful cleaning alternative you will need a cup of baking soda (about 200 g) and half a cup of white vinegar (about 125 ml). Then follow these instructions:
- Mix both ingredients in a bowl or other deep container.
- When the effervescent reaction is over, soak a sponge or cloth in the mixture and spread the paste through the shower, rubbing gently. Then, let the baking soda and vinegar work for about 30 minutes.
- Once the recommended time has passed, scrub the shower gently with a dry sponge to finish removing the tartar from the shower.
- Finally, rinse with plenty of water.
Ready! We recommend doing this procedure every 15 days or so for a cleaner bathroom. You may also be interested in this other article on How to clean the shower head .
Baking soda and lemon
The combination of baking soda and lemon is also very effective at removing scale, mold, and grime in your shower. And is that lemon, due to its high levels of citric acid, is a great natural brightener and disinfectant .
In addition, if you wonder how to clean the walls of the bathroom, in addition to the shower, this mixture will also help you enjoy greater hygiene. You will need a cup of bicarbonate (about 200 g) and the juice of two large squeezed lemons.
- Mix the 200 grams of baking soda with the squeezed lemon juice in a deep bowl. You will see that mixing it will create an effervescent effect, so do not do anything until the bubbling subsides.
- Once you have obtained a paste with both ingredients, soak a sponge or cloth in it and rub the entire shower.
- Let the paste act for about 20 or 30 minutes and, after the recommended time, rinse with warm water.
This procedure, also perfect if you want to know how to clean bathroom walls, is very effective in removing dirt from the shower and keeping it free of scale and lime. Therefore, it is recommended to repeat the process every two or three weeks and thus keep your shower impeccable.
Apple cider vinegar and lemon
Although white vinegar is one of the most recommended when cleaning, we cannot ignore the effectiveness of apple cider vinegar, another natural option full of disinfectant and bleaching properties . If you want to eliminate bad smells in your bathroom, in addition to cleaning it thoroughly, this mixture is a very powerful option, so take note!
You will need the juice of a squeezed lemon, a cup of apple cider vinegar (250 ml), two cups of hot water (500 ml) and two tablespoons of baking soda (40 g).
- Pour all the ingredients except the baking soda into a deep enough container.
- Mix the ingredients a little, then add the baking soda little by little.
- Mix all the ingredients again and, once you have the solution ready, soak the shower with it.
- Rub as much space as you want with a brush or sponge and let the remedy act for 20-30 minutes.
- Finally, rinse the shower with plenty of shaky water.
If you wonder how to clean bathroom tiles, you should know that this mixture is also very successful, so you can use it for a deeper cleaning.
Did you know that Coca-Cola can also act as the most effective cleaning agent ? Although it is a less known natural remedy than the previous ones, the acid in this drink makes it an ideal option for removing the most difficult dirt from the shower.
In addition, its phosphoric acid with a pH level around 3, makes Coca-Cola also perfect to eliminate rust and corrosion . If you’re wondering how to remove scale from your sink or shower with this soda, take note:
- Pour the contents of a Coca-Cola can over your watering can.
- Do it carefully so that the liquid soaks the entire area to be cleaned and allows the carbonic and phosphoric acids of the soda to act directly.
- Let the liquid sit for about an hour.
- Use a sponge or brush soaked in the soda to scrub the most difficult areas.
Coca-Cola is an affordable, non-toxic, and easy-to-use remedy that will leave your shower looking like new, no stains along the way. In addition, if you want to discover How to remove lime from the shower screen with this type of home remedy , we advise you to visit this other article.